Friday, February 5, 2010

Vegan Thumbprint Cookies


Someone posted a recipe over at vegancooking at Livejournal.com for these and all I did was add in flaxseed meal and some shredded coconut... they are delicious!  If you make them - make sure you cool them completely b/c they fall apart easily.  Once cooled the texture is perfect!  This is her recipe:

Thumbprint Cookies
1 cup almonds or pecans  (I used almond meal)
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup safflower or canola oil
1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar (I used agave)
1/4 tsp salt
Preferred flavored jam/preserves (I used seedless raspberry)

Preheat oven to 350*F. Process almonds or pecans in a blender/food processor/coffee grinder(my weapon of choice). Place in bowl and add flour, oats and salt. Mix together and then add wet ingredients (oil and syrup). Stir mixture till it becomes dough-like. Form walnut sized balls from the dough and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Press thumb in center to make an indentation on the surface. Fill indentation with jam. Place baking sheet in oven for 15-20 minutes.

My pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment