Friday, February 26, 2010

Vanilla Pumpkin Seed Muffins

This is a wonderful recipe for a light, airy muffin! The original recipe is below and the only things I did differently were: I used 1 cup white flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour instead of 2 cups white and I added 1/4 cup flaxseed meal. For the glaze I used soy milk instead of soy creamer.


2 cups white flour

1 & 1/2 tsp Baking Soda

1/2 tsp Salt

1 tbsp Lemon Juice (optional)

1 cup white sugar

1 cup "milk" of choice (I used vanilla So Good soy milk)

1/3 cup oil

1 tbsp White Vinegar

2 tbsp vanilla

1 cup hulled, roasted, unsalted pumpkin seeds (I got mine in bulk for a few bucks)

Mix wet ingredients in one bowl, and mix dry ingredients (including pumpkin seeds) in another. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Bake at 375F for 22-26min.

For the glaze:

3/4 cup icing sugar

1 tbsp room temperature margarine (this saves you from "buttering" the muffin, it won't make the muffin soggy, but instead provides a light hard glaze)

1/8 cup soy cream or milk (I used Silk "cream")

Mix icing sugar and margarine to form a paste, add the cream/milk, slowly. Make sure your muffins are cool and glaze the top.

My pic:

No comments:

Post a Comment