Saturday, February 20, 2010

Falafel with Tahini Dressing

I made falafel w/ tahini dressing this afternoon from Vegan with a Vengeance. It was very good... wasn't the best falafel I've ever had, but I liked it. Maybe next time I'll add some extra cumin to it even though when I cooked the batter the smell of cumin was really intense. I think Kenny will even like these since they were very mild; he doesn't like chick peas or cumin, but these I think he's going to like.


The tahini dressing was strong at first from the balsamic vinegar. I was disappointed in it (and from wasting 1/2 cup of tahini!) But, when I put it on the pita bread w/ the veggies and falafel I really liked it a lot!

Yes, I fried them (in grapeseed oil)... next time I will bake them to see how they come out. The pita is packed w/ romaine, cucumber slices and red onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment