Sunday, February 14, 2010

Vegan Quiche/Cake/Birthday!


Yesterday was my birthday and I wanted something special for breakfast.  I have been craving eggs so badly and I found a tofu quiche recipe on the fatfreevegan's blog (http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2006/12/mini-crustless-tofu-quiches.html) I figured this would be perfect!  I made mine with mushrooms, spinach & scallion.  You can use whatever you like in the quiches. I don't care for bell peppers or rosemary so I left those out. I also used tahini instead of almond butter.


I had a few family members coming over later on in the evening to celebrate my special day and they wanted to order pizza.  So they all ordered regular pizza and DH drove 40 minutes to this vegan pizzeria so I could finally try theirs!  It had vegan mozzarella, roasted red peppers & mushrooms - absolutely delicious!! I think mine was better than their "regular" pizza!!   If anyone lives in NY near Rockville Centre - check out Three Brothers Pizzeria!!

My niece made me a vegan birthday cake that was delicious! Soo sweet of her! It was the first time she tried to bake something from scratch let alone vegan! She was very nervous it wasn't going to taste good, but it was really delicious! :)
One of my presents was Babycakes vegan cookbook!  I'm soo excited to make some of the delicious recipes in there!  :)

All in all, I had a wonderful day filled with laughter and love - who could ask for anything more!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment