Monday, February 8, 2010

Vegan Cupcakes! Nieces Approved! :)


My nieces were coming over today and I wanted to surprise them with yummy cupcakes!  So I found a recipe online (I don't remember where I found it!  Sorry, I can't credit whoever the recipe belongs to! :( )  The only change I made was adding whole wheat flour for part of the white.  I try to use as much whole wheat flour in recipes as possible.

3 cups flour (I used 2 cups white flour and 1 cup whole wheat)
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup canola oil
2 tbsp. white vinegar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cup cold water
 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl; mix wet ingredients into dry until well incorporated.  Fill cupcake liners or lightly sprayed cupcake pan with canola spray 1/2 way with batter and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Recipe made 2 dozen cupcakes! I frosted mine with Duncan Hines creamy-homestyle vanilla/chocolate frostings. (vegan)  They are really moist and yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment