Monday, April 19, 2010

Banana Nut Spelt Pancakes

Listed below is the original recipe for "Pancakes" from "Vegan with a Vengeance" and in red is what I did differently:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour *I used organic spelt flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 t bsp. canola oil (or any mild oil) *I used grapeseed oil
1/3 cup water
1 - 1 1/4 cup non-dairy milk *I used low fat soy milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1 mashed banana
chopped walnuts

Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl - set aside. Mix wet ingredients together and add to dry; Stir in walnuts and mix batter until just combined - don't over mix. (Batter will still be lumpy)

Grease skillet and heat on med-high for 2 minutes. Flip pancakes over when you see little bubbles forming in the batter. This made 6 pancakes for me - and 1 pancake was very filling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment