Monday, July 19, 2010

Slow Cooker: Corn & Potato Chowder

Sorry about the dark lighting...
All ready to start cooking! :)
This was soo good!  Definitely making this again; I had it for lunch and it was even better today! :)

You'll need:
20 oz. frozen corn
3 large yukon gold potatoes (or any kind you prefer), cut in small-med. chunks
1 medium onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 cups non-dairy milk, (I used plain almond milk)
1/2 cup non-dairy creamer, (I used soy)
4 cups hot water mixed w/ 2 vegan bouillon cubes (I used Rapunzel brand)
sea salt, to taste

I used a 7 quart slow cooker set on high.  Put your olive oil in first and then onions, garlic & potatoes; season with sea salt.  Let cook for a few minutes before adding in rest of ingredients.  This cooked for 2 1/2 hours on high (my slow cooker tends to cook hotter than most - just make sure your potatoes are  nice and tender) and then I used an immersion blender and pureed 1/2 the soup.  I let it cook for an additional 1/2 hour and reseasoned.  You can add extra non-dairy creamer if it's not as creamy as you like.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. i seriously love corn chowder. YUM!! I'm going to make this with corn stock since i have a few extra corn cobs at the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - it will be extra amazing w/ the corn stock! I think you'll love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! It's sound really tasty. I am always finding about slow cooker and nice food recipes because i am doing job and this slow cooker makes me really help and also make me free from tedious job of cooking. It makes cooking simple. And thanks for this recipes.

    ReplyDelete