Sunday, July 4, 2010

Poppy's Potato Salad

Really simple potato salad!  Perfect for BBQ's, picnics, etc.!

I don't really measure any of these ingredients - I taste it as I go along.  This is my grandfather's recipe (Poppy) and he used to use white potatoes and "real" mayo, but everything else is the same.  Just add a little vinegar at a time until the taste seems right for you.  I like a lot of vinegar and the mustard just gives it a little kick.  I only add about 1 tbsp., but add more if you like. :)

red potatoes (or any non-starchy potato), boiled and cut into medium chunks
vegenaise (I prefer the grapeseed oil kind)
red onion, diced small
white vinegar,
mustard
salt, to taste

In a large bowl add the potatoes while still hot and mix in the white vinegar.  Let sit for a few minutes.  Then add in the rest of the ingredients.  While the potato salad sits in the fridge for awhile you can taste it again and see what it may need - then you can add more vinegar, salt or vegenaise.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment