Friday, September 9, 2011

Red Quinoa & Spinach Bake


 You'll Need:

2 cups cooked red quinoa (which is 1 cup dry)
1 red onion, chopped fine
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 10 oz. bag of frozen chopped, leaf spinach (drained well)
1 1/4 cups Friendship cottage cheese (I'm particular with my cottage cheese - seriously it's the best one)
2 tbsp. sour cream (if you don't have it - leave it out)
3 tbsp. grated cheese
2 eggs
part skim grated mozzarella (to sprinkle on top - maybe 1/2 cup)

**this definitely needs some salt - quinoa is VERY bland. **I recommend adding some salt after the quinoa is cooked and taste.

Cook quinoa as per package directions... saute' onion and garlic in a little olive oil until soft... in a separate bowl combine cottage cheese, sour cream, grated cheese, spinach and eggs... then add in onion and garlic mixture; mix well. Add in quinoa and mix well again. Spray a pan w/ non-stick spray (I used an 8x8 pan) and put mixture in ... top with a sprinkling of extra grated cheese and mozzarella. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until set and golden brown.

This seriously tasted like a potato pancake to me.  :)  I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment