Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Slow Cooker: Mushroom Marinara

Just starting to cook:
Still too hot to comfortably put the oven on... the slow cooker has been a life saver! :)  The marinara came out delicious and super easy!  I may just continue doing it this way in the future!

You'll Need:

Crushed tomatoes or puree - whatever you prefer
(I used a 7 qt. slow cooker and used a 4 lb.+ can of crushed tomatoes)
*water - I filled up my can a 1/4 way (you don't want your tomatoes to be too thick so thin it out a bit w/ water, but don't make it too watery)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb. sliced mushrooms (I used baby bellas)
fresh basil (from my dad's garden)  :)
sea salt, to taste
extra virgin olive oil

Put the slow cooker on high and cover the bottom with olive oil. (approx. 3 tbsp.); add the minced garlic and the rest of ingredients.  Mix and cook for approximately 3 hours on high; stirring occasionally.  My slow cooker tends to cook on the hot side, so you may need to cook yours a little longer.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment